Who am I?
I hope you enjoy reading my posts. It’s our ideas, opinions, and willingness to share feelings that makes us connect as humans. But I’m sure that you may ask who am I and I owe you an introduction:
I’m a 40+ year woman still waiting for the wisdom I’ve always expected to come with age. I’m a mother of two boys who I love unconditionally, but occasionally I wish – not always with guilt – that they came with a return label. I’m a wife, a daughter, a former communications specialist. And a writer. Hence, we meet here:-).
I live in Austria. I was born in Slovakia and I spent half of my adult life in Canada. My husband calls us citizens of the world and I’m eternally grateful for the opportunity to feel home anywhere where there are my kind of people, thirst for experience, and learning. Travel is my second passion, source of calm, and inspiration. I often say that life is about collecting experience, not outcomes. And with that in mind, I try to flow through my life.
And a few more bullet points about me:
- I was born in a small mountain village, but I consider myself a city girl
- I moved 14 times in my life (twice over the ocean)
- I discovered my creativity later in life because it wasn’t encouraged when I was growing up
- I got a new lease on life after a selfless young man donated his bone marrow to me
- I’m grateful for the opportunity to share my thoughts and feelings with the world, but I’m also aware of the responsibility it brings in this fast, scrolling down era when instead of truly seeing we just scan, when we hear the noise but rarely listen
Thank you for stopping by and feel free to get in touch: